Reply To: OpenCore

Home Forums Macs Desktops Mac Pro OpenCore Reply To: OpenCore

• Charles
    Keymaster

I installed a Titan Ridge 2.0 card and it works without an issue with OpenCore. However, when I connect a 27″ Thunderbolt display it will not work on boot most of the time (Sometimes it works from boot but most of the time it does not). I have to unplug and plug the monitor from the Titan Ridge card and then it turns on and works every time.  Sometime I get the error “Unplug he accessory using too much power to re-enable USB devices”. This makes me think that the monitor is pulling to much power on boot to work correctly.

Is there a way to provide extra power to the Titan Ridge card? I have an RX580 graphics card and it is using two 6-pin power connections. Without the monitor turning on at boot I cannot get the brightness control to work because that requires a second USB cable from the monitor be connected. I know this works because 1 in 10 times rebooting it fires up just fine. I have another monitor connected to my graphics card via DVI (dell 30″). I even tried removing a few hard disks but that didn’t help either. I have in my mac the graphics card, Titan Ridge card and 5 drives (two are ssd and one is in the cd drive bay).

Thanks

Hi.

I’m assuming you have the displayport passthrough cable attached?

The display should work every time however the thunderbolt features of the display such as the webcam, speakers, etc will require a restart for functionality as far as I know.

Does your titan-ridge have the custom firmware?