Mac Pro

Home Forums Macs Desktops Mac Pro Mac Pro

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
      Participant

Hi, I was just chatting with someone and time I came back again the net is working. I was saying, I have Mac Pro 2010 5.1 and I bought gigabyte gc titan ridge 2.0 thunderbolt 3 pcie card and using it for Apollo and Uad-2 Satellite. Before I will use that, I have to go on Terminal and type this information, csrutil disable. Before the Uad’s will locate and sometimes I will try many times and it won’t locate. more than 45min or more and I saw some video of someone doing full installation with OpenCore and I did the same thing and now my Mac Pro will turn on, but will not go on the main screen and it will show the Cycle with Line inside, so please if someone help me please and please

• george
      Keymaster

Hi John

You need to disable SIP.

Restart your computer in Recovery mode.
      Launch Terminal from the Utilities menu.
      Run the command csrutil enable.
      Restart your computer.

The Apple guide is here

• johnknana
      Participant

Hi Charles.

Thanks for showing me what to do about my Mac Pro OpenCore, and sorry about not replaying back to you. But still my Apollo Twin and UAD-2 Satellite didn’t locate, and I don’t know the reason why. I see many people doing the same OpenCore on Mac Pro 2010 5.1, so please what can I do to install OpenCore for my Apollo Twin and UAD-2 Satellite will work, and most all the times, if I turn on the Mac Pro without turning on the Apollo or the Satellite, the computer will come, but if I turn on the Apollo and the Satellite then the computer will shutoff  and you can see for yourself. I was trying to send you a Video, but it seems not working. I will try and see if I can send it to you with dropbox

Thanks

• matty
      Participant

Hi Charles.

Thanks for showing me what to do about my Mac Pro OpenCore, and sorry about not replaying back to you. But still my Apollo Twin and UAD-2 Satellite didn’t locate, and I don’t know the reason why. I see many people doing the same OpenCore on Mac Pro 2010 5.1, so please what can I do to install OpenCore for my Apollo Twin and UAD-2 Satellite will work, and most all the times, if I turn on the Mac Pro without turning on the Apollo or the Satellite, the computer will come, but if I turn on the Apollo and the Satellite then the computer will shutoff  and you can see for yourself. I was trying to send you a Video, but it seems not working. I will try and see if I can send it to you with dropbox

Thanks

Hi,

If you are trying to use Thunderbolt devices please try as follows.

1. Power ON your mac with your Audio interface unplugged.

2. Once on the desktop, plug in your interface to titan card.

3. Restart

This should work.